Receptionist Phone Training for Improved Business Telehone Etiquette Skills
Receptionists play a vital role in your customer’s overall experience with your organization. An untrained or poorly trained receptionist can have a devastating effect on a customer’s perception of your organization, while a receptionist properly trained in providing exceptional customer service via proper telephone etiquette skills can have your customers giving glowing recommendations of your organization to their friends and colleagues.
The key to an effective receptionist training program is to ensure that the training addresses the key responsibilities and duties the receptionist or administrative assistant performs. One of a receptionist’s many important responsibilities is to answer incoming phone calls to your organization.
• Do your receptionists answer the phone consistently using proper business phone etiquette techniques each and every time a customer calls or is his or her telephone technique random and inconsistent?
• Does your receptionist training program address the 10 Steps to Telephone Excellence necessary to create a truly powerful telephone customer service experience?
• Are your receptionists aware of what constitutes proper phone skills and telephone etiquette?
More than any other factor, we find that the leading cause behind a receptionist’s poor customer service skills when interacting with a customer on the phone is a lack of proper training in what constitutes effective business phone etiquette.
The Phone Coach’s 10 Steps to Telephone Excellence training video is an excellent training package for receptionists as well as any other member of your organization who answers incoming phone calls.
This short and focused telephone etiquette training video will help your team members to:
• Answer the phone consistently and professionally using the Phone Coach’s four part phone greeting.
• Place callers on hold and transfer incoming calls politely and professionally.
• Use proper tone of voice and speech cadence to ensure that your customers are able to easily understand what your receptionists are saying.
• Use positive language to dictate the direction of a phone call and effectively solve customer problems and complaints.
• Use active listening skills to show concern for the customer and gather as much information as possible to quickly solve any problem that the customer may be having.
If your organization is serious about reception training and improving telephone customer service, The Phone Coach’s 10 Steps to Telephone Excellence phone etiquette training video is a must have in your organization’s receptionist training library.
Want to take your organization’s receptionist training program to a whole new level? You might also consider the Phone Coach’s customized phone training programs and/or personalized employee coaching services.
Give us a call today for more information or click the appropriate button below to request more information about our customized receptionist training programs or to purchase The Phone Coach’s 10 Steps to Telephone Excellence training video online.